Sunday, May 23, 2010

Every Day is Something New

Today I received my divorce papers... Nothing special. I knew it was coming. We went to court, we got divorced... Not that I am single either. I'm engaged to a wonderful man. However he has Asperger's. This is a very difficult disease. It's not contagious or curable. We live with it all the time, day in day out. His son has it too. The more I read the more I know but to live it is a totally different concept. Both can be moody, irrational, sweet, angry... Unemotional. Feelings don't come naturally. Crying is almost thought of as something you do when you are too mad to control your anger. Life can be rough some days. It is easier for them to be alone or immersed in a video game. Other days they want attention. And when they want attention they need to be the CENTER of my world... Throw in 1 child with Oppositional Defiance Disorder, 1 child with ADHD, a boyfriend and a 9 year old and wow... Some days can be overwhelming......... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment