Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Haven't done this for a while...

I used to blog all the time... Of course it was at a place where most people wouldn't be reading it, or really reading the bulk of what I was saying. Then there is also the issue that most of what I say is usually just my brain kind of leaking out of my head by way of my fingers. I don't pretend to be a writer, because I'm not. I am not trying to be cleaver or witty when I write. I just write. I write what I think, what I feel... So... yeah... basically I am whining.

Now if course since I haven't done this in a while I have to decide, how do I want to do this. Do I write one big column of streamed consciousness or do I write in tiny bursts of orderly paragraphs. I tend to be a paragraph person. Sometimes I think that is the organizer in me coming out. Each thought or idea contained in it's own little area. OK problem one solved.

Second item up for discussion. (Sad that I am having this discussion all by myself, to myself and with myself - even worse that it is in written format!) Spell check. See I didn't investigate close enough before starting item number two because I already solved it by simply looking at the actual icons up above. Would have been smart to do that first but hey, I do believe that I am not doing this to show off my supreme mental abilities. If that were the case I would be writing articles on the latest technological advances.

Third item. Choosing a font. Of course by the time anyone else sees it (if anyone sees it) I will have already chosen the font but this again is a conversation between me, myself and I so....

Font apparently says a lot about people. I even read an article and took some little quiz thing once that told me what type of font I was. Apparently I was IMPACT which as some people know is the preferred font of LOLCats. This may have come about because I am a bit of a facebook/twitter/myspace(not so much anymore)/need to have my info in the palm of my hands kinda gal. Truth is, I am a smart phone addict.

I currently own a G1. I can't wait to get my hands on the Blackberry Curve 8900. Of course everyone says that I will want my G1 back I don't know. This is a horrible dilemma for me. I so love real time browsing with my G1 but I miss the great email and IM features of the blackberry. I am so behind on emails that I have to devote a whole Saturday morning to them just to get through all the stuff I need to look at. OK so most of them are jokes and YouTube videos but still, gotta read and forward!

Totally got off subject. Font is going to be Courier. Kinda makes me feel like I am using a type writer. Not a word processor, but a real type writer. The kind with a ding at the end of each row. The smell of the ink ribbon, using real paper and that silly little zip sound it made when you were advancing to the next line... Here I am sounding all nostalgic about a type writer and I actually hardly ever used one. The first home computers were already out when I was young. We actually owned a "Candy". Not sure why it was called that. But she had silver paper that she spit out and pretty gold button.

So now you see where the idea that this is a place where a meandering mind wanders... I will try to remember to come back soon. Of course I have to figure out the optimal amounts of times to post (once a day, once a week, 5 times a day) so that people don't get the idea that I am a nut case, which I am btw... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment